And welcome to today’s post. So lately on Instagram, I’ve noticed that braids are everywhere and in particular – Dutch Braids. Which is why I thought I would create a YouTube tutorial to show you to create a Dutch Braid.
The Dutch Braid is very simple and hardly takes any time once you master it. Try not to be disheartened if you can’t get it at first. I couldn’t do it for ages and it was only with practise that I got better and I finally managed to do it. So please please please, don’t give up.
Anyway, here is the link to the YouTube tutorial. So if there are a few of you that would like to have a look, by all means please do. I forgot to take pictures of it step by step but here are some written instructions as to how it can be created.
How To Do a Dutch Braid
- Take some hair at the top of your head and divide it into 3 equal sections – left, middle and right.
- Take the left section and then cross it under the middle section.
- Now take the right section and cross it under the middle section.
- At this stage we are now going to start adding hair from either side. So once again, take the left section and cross it under the middle section AND take a section of hair from the left hand side and join it to the current left section.
- Next, repeat the previous step for the right hand side. So add a section of hair that is hanging down on the right hand side, join it to the right hand section and cross under the middle.
- Then, you just repeat the above steps until you reach the end of the braid. You add in sections of hair on both sides and then cross under the middle.
If you get around to creating it and decide to show your masterpiece on social media, please don’t forget to hashtag style yourself beautiful.
Hope you are all having a wonderful day.